Campaign of the Month: March 2012
Players have the option of creating a genasi character that belongs to a secret courier service using Chedi’s Jewel, a traveling circus, as a cover. Characters that choose this background gain the following benefits:
- Characters get +2 to any two attributes instead of +2 STR and +2 INT.
- Human feats are available to all Genasi.
- Racial powers from other races may be purchased with feats if they can be justified. For instance, a feat can be spent for the Elven Accuracy ability by a Air Genasi. The justification is that minor adjustments to the wind make the strike more accurate. All of these must be approved by the DM.
- To support the cover as traveling performer characters are given a free trained skill as long as it’s used in connection with a cover profession.
As a carry over from a previous campaign, new characters can have some of their equipment made of a superior material. For example, weapons and armor can be made of adamantine. Alternate materials are available with DM approval if the something else is more character appropriate. Regardless of the exact material type, these are the benefits provided:
- Superior <armor> has an effective AC of +1. This is an item bonus.
- Superior <weapon> has an inherent +1 to hit and damage using powers with the weapon keyword. This is an item bonus.
- Superior <implement> has an inherent +1 to hit and damage using powers with the implement keyword. This is an item bonus.